Sponsor a Project
The IDC is continually looking for opportunities to work with companies to develop new Engineering Doctorate (EngD) projects for industry-employed and industry-sponsored Research Engineers.
- Working with a highly skilled and academically capable Research Engineer who is based with the sponsor for the duration of the four-year project, contributing directly to the sponsor’s commercial research priorities
- Constant flow of cutting-edge ideas between the sponsor organisation and leading academics within the relevant field
- Taught courses ensure the Research Engineer brings considerable specialist technical knowledge and capability to the project
- Scheme supported by funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Continuous recruitment and flexible taught component delivery
- Commit £20k p.a. in cash per Research Engineer for four years (£17k p.a. for industry employees; SME rates negotiable); sponsorship to be paid annually or upfront as a lump sum
- To fund and supervise the research project over the duration of the four-year EngD programme, and to release the Research Engineer for study and attendance at taught courses (25% of the Research Engineer‘s time)
- Within the company, to treat the Research Engineer as an employee, working normal company hours and entitled to normal holiday periods
Proposing a project:
- Suitable projects can be proposed by industry at any time
- Academic partners within the IDC can help with the formulation of project proposals
- Sponsoring company is fully involved in the selection of a suitable candidate
For further information please contact Prof. Ivana Partridge at email@example.com.